Tuesday 26 March 2013

Portion Size...I HATE Waste

Maybe a bit of a dull topic...but since I've had to do the supermarket shop, and I now know how much food costs; I'm very aware of food waste!

So... reasons for this post

1. I hate food waste!
2. I don't want to end up eating extra, just so I don't have food waste (MUST NOT GO UP A DRESS SIZE!))
3. I don't have a third and besides the first two were amazing ;)

So I thought I'd just do a list of foods, and the ideal adult portion size.

(P.S. This is just my opinion... I could be wrong...it does happen) 

Rice
I measure this using cups - 1/2 a cup for each person

Cous Cous
50g per person. So for Prince Frugal and I, I would boil 100g of cous cous with 125ml of water...bring to the boil and stand for 5 min :)

Pasta
75g per person

Spaghetti
This is one I am rubbish at! I really need to buy that gadget with the holes it.

This website is awesome if you want to check your portions. Great if you're having a dinner party

http://england.lovefoodhatewaste.com/portions/everyday


Stay healthy everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment